Friday, April 29, 2011

Oh happy day!!!

I am sick as a dog and a pathetic mess. I have NEVER been the type of woman who can put her big girl pants on when she's got the flu. This time I called Momma T so she could pick up Lola and take her away for a couple of hours while I slept.

Why? The damage:
  • 2 chewed on "Portrait" collection flowers 
  • 2 Maya Road resin flowers I will now have to search for in her pamper (UCK!) Not to use- to make sure she passes them
That is my life right now. So for every Mom who can roll her sleeves up, cook, clean and keep the multiple children from wrecking house while she's sick- you are my hero- you ROCK! When I grow up I wanna be just like you.

I got a nice little piece of news yesterday in the middle of my snotty drama- my Earth Day project has been featured over at 2 Peas. Here's the link: http://www.twopeasinabucket.com/gallery/member/464560-hernandm1/1729627-a-greener-world/

This was based on a beautiful Studio Calico sketch so I can't call it original but I'm glad it's getting some attention because it's a message I care very deeply about- doing little things to help reduce your carbon footprint.


I also want to show you an EXPERIMENT. This page will make no sense because it mixes really grungy dark techniques with bright and sunny photos but I'm planning a card project that needs practice so I whipped this up:
MATERIALS: Colorbok grid paper, Hambly Studio clear border stickers, Cosmo Cricket
Paul Bunyan alphas with  Glossy Accents
Flowers- Martha Stewart Clear Camelia stamps, StazOn in Blazing Red and Cherry Pink,
ColorBox chalk ink in Yellow Citrus, American Crafts Zing! in black and clear, Maya Road leaf pins
Weird right? Please give me your honest feedback- I am NOT the chick who asks if she looks fat in these jeans and expects a no. I want to know if I look like a hippo in heat if that's what's real. :)

Zing TIPS:
1. Double stamping to get the black zing border then the clear zing on the inside is not a good idea- overheating (or double heating) Zing! makes it turn white so be careful.
2. Heating the Zing! powder from UNDER the paper is better- got that from the AC post on youtube and went DUH! Of course!!!
3. ColorBox chalk ink takes a little time to dry up so it's perfect for embossing- I would have never know if I hadn't made a mistake while stamping.
But ya'll know this already! You are all embossing divas making this world spin while I just live in it. :)

MuChOs SmOoChEs!
Michelle

7 comments:

  1. i love your posts. that is all. lol.

    ReplyDelete
  2. well on second thought, that is not all.....

    congrats on the 2 peas feature. looks like you're on a roll.

    ReplyDelete
  3. hahaha the word verification was illyc that made me chuckle!! xox

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have been feeling yucky too! Sore throat, snuffy head, nose~chest - UCK!!!! I did receive some very happy medicine in the mail yesterday tho - I wonderful care package from YOU!!!! Thanks so much, it gave me a well needed boost and I can't wait to feel better to play with it and make a awesome layout like the one you made here - just TOO CUTE!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aww sweets - hope you are feeling heaps better.

    Thanks so much for your encouragement with the Kaisercraft DT!

    Lowri :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cute cute cute LO! Good luck finding your pampers gifts, so glad you have Momma T so you can snooze. If I didn't keep my big girl panties on when I'm sick, the kids my get an eye, 1 not 2 mind you, by hubs but everything else would go out the window. More work for me ugh :) Feel better chick!

    ReplyDelete

Ok peeps lets CHAT! You tell me what you REALLY think and I PROMISE to keep it open minded here.