Monday, October 7, 2013

Skissedilla selected scrapper for October

Hello scrap happy folks!

It's been an eventful week for me and I am so glad to finally share this latest scrapbook page.

I'm the featured scrapper over at Skissedilla for October. yay!

Things are changing for the challenges- instead of  a sketch a week there's only one a month.

Skissedilla has a GREAT design team with plenty of raw inventive power- I suggest you swing on by and check it out.

Here's my solution to this month's sketch:
Skissedilla sketch 228 selected scrapper michelle hernandez
I loved the sketch but I got caught up in the literal- how to make that sunburst pattern look fresh and new?
Silly rabbit- just make the page! The flair is from A Flair For Buttons. The chipboard from Scrap FX.
The actual sketch:
skissedilla sketch 228 scrapbook page challenge
Challenge 228
A close up:
Skissedilla October Sketch Challenge- Guest Designer Michelle Hernandez
Whenever I get stuck I start cutting strips of paper. No matter how
bad the mojo is I always seem to respond to stripes on a page.
And here is the RAK up for grabs to one lucky winner:
Skissedilla challenge RAK flair buttons chipboard scrap FX
Some beautiful Art Deco inspired frames from Scrap FX and flair from
A Flair For Buttons and Bluebird Chic on Etsy.
Thank you so much to Skissedilla for asking me to join the team for October- I was THRILLED when I got the email.
October Fall pumpkin patch
One great thing about living in Salt Lake City- farms everywhere-
on the way to the mall- the BIGGEST tomatoes , peppers and
cucumbers are there for the picking. We bough 3 bags of fresh produce for 5 bucks.
Can't beat that with a bat!
Hope you have a great week!
Michelle

4 comments:

  1. Woohoo, congrats on the guest spot, love your page!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This whole page is fresh and happy! Looks awesome and I love your use of feathers :) How are you adjusting to your new digs? I'm seeing so many cute photos of life in Utah on FB, hope all is well Michelle!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations on being a guest designer at Skissedilla :) Love all the elements i.e., buttons, flair, feather, enamel dots around the photo! and yes my friend, love will get you through this time...one foot in front of the other...it will all come together! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. what fantastic energy to your page and I love the type of embellies you use and also how you use them to bits !

    ReplyDelete

Ok peeps lets CHAT! You tell me what you REALLY think and I PROMISE to keep it open minded here.