Saturday, October 1, 2011

Instagr.am (HIPSTAMATIC) is awesooome!!!

This is a great "opener" image- instantly accessible so it's my "come hither" photo for this post-
 I've blogged it before! It's up over at True Xoxo Girls for their Instamatic Challenge- go check us out!!!
HIYA!!!!

I've been scheduling everything to the last minute the last few weeks in an effort to get as much scrap time as possible. I belong to FOUR equally amazing teams and I also want to keep a constant eye on Lola's toddler antics- those photos keep my pages interesting after all. Whatever- I'm a Type A personality! I can handle this!

A huge part of my daily routine:
Facebook- I have no scrap friends in NYC and my regular friends and family ROLL their eyes when I start talking scrap so I've learned to suppress it. Talking "shop" with my fellow teamies is slowly consuming a lot of my spare time but I'm learning so much it's hard to stop.

Pinterest-    Pinning has become... an obsession. There are just SO many amazing women working today!!! I wish I had an art gallery- I would be very happy just showing off other people's work!

Twitter and Instagr.am- Photo sharing is AWESOME! One of my favorite pastimes while on vacation was trying to make friends and family jealous by posting daily images of where I was. It didn't make me very popular but it was FUN and I got some great shots to scrap. My Twitter and Facebook accounts are connected!


Thank you Gauche Alchemy, Paper Issues, True Xoxo Girls and Punky Scraps for keeping me sane and in touch with other crafty chicks.

This came together in about an hour using the Gauche Alchemy
 Lady Marmalade Orange Mixed Media Kit and some "Ouchless" Corrugated board.
I love this photo series with the thought bubble that was an advert for a street art show.
Someone took it down- wish I had thought of that.
The October True Xoxo Girls challenge is up and running- the theme is Instagr.am. I don't like the Instagram app much- especially now that they have "upgraded" and gotten rid of their "Gotham" lens (POOT!) so I cheated and used Hipstamatic photos for the challenge. Because I use the app so much in my scrapping I have 2 pages up (thanks Lindsey!!!).
MATERIALS- Crafter's Workshop 6x6 chicken wire stencil ( I LOVE that thing!!), Basic Grey Life of the Party paper (love this collection!!), Jillibean Soup corrugated frame, Crate Paper buttons, Prima flowers, Studio Calico wood butterflies, Mister Huey Sunshine and October Afternoon Brown Bag mist- FAVE!!
Swing by and check out True Xoxo Scrapbooking. The challenge winner will get a guest spot on the team so you too can have fun in the huge love fest that is the Xoxo DT!
The idea for today is- believe in the process
MuChOs SmOoChEs!
Michelle

4 comments:

  1. Heya. I'm finding that a list made at the start of the month detailing every task you have to do helps. Then I plan out as many of the projects as I can, and think about the other ones for as long as I can. And then I put together mini kits for each project so that when I get time to work on them the majority of sorting and deciding has been done. this also helps keep the due tasks separate from the more spontaneous projects. there you go - dunno if it'll help you, but that's how I keep on top of it all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OK - I have a tip.

    When you want to do some scrapping, have a deadline, need to finish the housework - whatever - just switch the computer OFF. Yep - I can see you recoiling in horror as I type - but you HAVE to!

    I only "scrap" in the evenings and I have to be in bed in time to be up for 5:45am every school day. That means I have 3 hours MAX each night after kids in bed, dinner etc.

    3 hours scrapping with my computer ON = 1 hour scrapping and 2 hours wasting time.

    3 hours with my computer OFF = 3 solid hours of undivided attention to my project!

    It's AMAZING advice. It worked perfectly the ONE time I was actually able to do it.....

    Oh yeah - I decided to "drop" Pinterest too really... I only go there when I want to search for something specific. Bought me at least another hour a day!

    Love your LO - as always :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the layers on your 'kite' layout, absolutly fabulous!

    I know you're not the only one that is looking for that balance between scrapping & life, you'll find it!

    ReplyDelete

Ok peeps lets CHAT! You tell me what you REALLY think and I PROMISE to keep it open minded here.