Sunday, April 17, 2011

A first Mother's Day for Stacey!

Stacey R. is one of the coolest chicks I've had the pleasure to know since college. She writes poetry, she designs and maintains a major Fortune 500 company's website, she knows how to do the "Reike"- whatever that means- she's uber cool. She's also PREGGO! 

Materials: Emma's Shoppe chipboard, paper and letter sticks, EK Success open
scallop border punch and Making Memories  Dilly Dally banner stamp
Happy First Mother's Day Stacey! You really do look wonderfully radiant!!! Baby girl will becoming along soon so I hope you get all your novel reading and long brunches in NOW 'cause soon you'll have a lil mama of your own and those brunch places don't have changing tables. You'll RUE THE DAY you walked into a joint with just your mini back pack, your Ergo and your hubs- well maybe that's just me.

We had a WONDERFUL brunch in Stacey's honor over at B Smith's on 46 between 8th & 9th. B's place is amazing! The appetizers, entrees and salads were all tantalizing. The house Chardonnay went perfectly with my Salmon and the bread pudding desert was perfection. Stacey teared up at the surprise party, got some loot and went home assured her baby would be born within a week.
Arrival- SURPRISE!!!
Crate Paper's Emma's Shoppe line is so gorgeous you can slap a card together in 30 minutes flat and come out looking golden. Stacey liked that I said this is her first Mother's Day- many people don't count the one you spend pregnant... this is PURE NONSENSE! Your back constantly tells you that yes you are very much the multi tasking momma right NOW.

Here's the interior of the card I made for her:

Lots of laughter- LOVE that bonnet girl!
We got some Baby Shower MacGyvers in our bunch.

Daddy-to-be gets a handy baby tool belt.
My fave? The diaper tongs.
Happy family. I told that young man he needed to smile!
Paper Issues is hosting it's first Mother's Day link party- hop on over and post all your wonderful Momma's Day projects!

These ladies paid for the whole thing- Stacey is awesome so she's got GREAT friends. :)
MuChOs SmOoChEs!
Michelle

5 comments:

  1. Your card is absolutely adorable! Don't you just love all that precious Crate Paper imagery...I am sure she loved your card. It she is truly glowing as a proud-mom-to-be. So exciting!

    Mother's Day projects at Paper Issues? I am totally there!

    BTW, I am sending your thank you this week so be on the lookout! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous card - LOVE that line and am using it to make a mini for a friend with a little girl :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That card is total cuteness, and yes, you are so right about the changes that come with having a baby. No one thinks about the little frivolous things we do for ourselves as women, and how they (usually) come to a screeching halt for a period of time. It's funny though, when our lives change that way, we don't mind so much. Kids are the coolest :) I can't remember the last time I went out with my girls, and I don't even care! Love me some family time :) *hugs*

    ReplyDelete
  4. fun card!! and the shower looked pretty fun too!

    ReplyDelete

Ok peeps lets CHAT! You tell me what you REALLY think and I PROMISE to keep it open minded here.