Thursday, March 24, 2011

Color ROCKS! Let's celebrate!

Color is just too awesome. Fuschia, Turquoise, Canary Yellow and Cherry Red are my favorites closely followed by Kelly Green and Orange. My house is currently sporting orange and green walls (separate rooms- I'm not completely insane). Many people LOVE the look when they visit (once they get over the mess) but if I tell people my walls are orange they CRINGE. I get a lot of: How do you DO IT? How does your mind rest. REST? Who has time for that? I have an 18 month old! She spends her time knocking down everything OR trying to get in the garbage can- that reminds me- we need to get a lockable garbage can.

Here's my page for Moxie Fab World's Tuesday Trigger- you have until Sunday March 27th to enter:
Miss Lola Learns to Walk
MATERIALS: Bazzill Tangerine Blast, MLS alphas, Prima green felt scroll, Sassafras Lass Beatnik Buds,
Adirondack brights paint daubers in Citrus and Sunshine Yellow, Tattered Angels Glimmer Glam Golden Goddess, Kaiser Craft bubble wrap stamp.
Orange in our small dark living room makes me feel happy and focused. I need the energy let me tell you. The green in Lola's room is restful and calming. But right now it's all about Citrus colors. I'm seeing this color combo everywhere. Here's a layout from way back in 2010 that needed some green and yellow to give it more POP:
Lola LOVES Mangos! August 2010
Orange just makes me HAPPY! Now go out and make your own project for that Moxie Challenge! Don't forget Paper Issues has some wonderful scrap goodies for 1 lucky follower or Favorite Things project linker. My first give-away will be chosen this friday- keep those fingers crossed- if you aren't busy scrapping that is. :)
Here are some happy color shots:

Love the texture here- can I recreate on paper???? Hmmmm...
Lola finds my receipt file and I let her play so I can wash dishes in peace.
MuChOs SmOoChEs!
Michelle

7 comments:

  1. Totally LOOOOVIIIIIING your color rockage here! I've noticed that I seem to be paying more attention to color schemes and palettes all around me. I have a few palettes playing in my mind!

    Aren't the paint dabbers the best? I love 'em!

    ReplyDelete
  2. hello! That is how I file my receipts...she is a CPA just like me!!! Woohoo!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love orange too and not just for crafting. My orange craft table gives me such a sense of energy and cheerfulness whenever I sit down to make things. Thanks for the feature Michelle !

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love it! What great ideas for scrapping - and I love that picture with the receipts. What we let the kids do for some peace & quiet....sigh...I have a similar picture of an entire box of kleenex ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Michelle! What a fun approach to this week's Tuesday Trigger in the Moxie Fab World! Thanks so much for giving it a go! :)

    ReplyDelete

Ok peeps lets CHAT! You tell me what you REALLY think and I PROMISE to keep it open minded here.