Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Artsy Urban- GCD Studios

Been having a blast playing around with the 12x12 pad of GCD Studios Artsy Urban paper by Melody Ross. The small floral patterns and flocked pages are fantastic. I love the color too- lots of bright red, blue and yellow combined with black and white- very graphically interesting and sophisticated.
Here are 2 new pages using both their large and small 6x6 pads. I wish I had found some of their gorgeous embellishments but Michael's in NYC is always suffering from the store is half empty syndrome.
First up:
Rise
Materials: GD Studios Artsy Urban paper, pad 12x12 and 6x6, Sew Easy stitch tool, Pop dots, Uni ball pen
These phrases are from on of the papers in the pad!
Spent a whole day freeing butterflies from their page. I turned one over and I realized I loved the yellow print underneath just as much.
That project is about failure and I'm talking to myself. I talk to myself in a lot of pages- here I'm saying don't take it to heart- time to rise up.

Here is the second page:
Artsy Urban Chic
Materials: GCD Artsy Urban Paper by Melody Ross, Studio Calico wood veneer alphas, Maya Road bingo motifs, pop dots, couple of fortune cookie fortunes.
This one was harder to put together. I couldn't decide how to organize the paper into a fluid backdrop. Now I realize I should have made the backdrop out of squares stitched together like a quilt. I think I'm going to redo this page.



And finally- a cute shot taken with my new iTouch Hipstamatic- love this gadget!

MuChoS SmOoChEs!
M.

2 comments:

  1. Fantastic layout! I hope you applied for the GDC Design Team Call! You would be perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  2. love hipstamatic!! love your pages as always. like the photos on the second page, the way you split one into two.

    ReplyDelete

Ok peeps lets CHAT! You tell me what you REALLY think and I PROMISE to keep it open minded here.