Tuesday, March 8, 2011

2 Peas In A Bucket- LOVE YA BABE!

I just found out my "num, Num, NUUUM" page won the February My Little Shoebox Challenge over at 2 Peas. So excited! I love the caliber of the work in their galleries so winning is a big deal for me.

Anywhoo- here is a page I finished yesterday for their Studio Calico Challenge. Go on and make your own page and post it by March 31st.
First Birthday Outfit
Materials: Studio Calico Barn Swallow paper, Homefront Die Cuts, Wood veneer Buttons, Homefront Stickers, various exclusive kit club paper bits, Mister Huey in Schoolhouse, Collage Press alphas, Elle Studio "Remember This" tag. 
I had so much fun making this page! Cutting out the birds took about an hour. I am terrible with an Exacto knife but one of my scrap goals for 2011 is to improve technique so I took the plunge. This is meant to be one of my 2 sided projects but I'm wondering how to make the bird print work in a layout - it's going to take a while.

I can't bear to let go of my favorite prints- I just keep using the left overs till they are gone. I have a teetering stash of paper but if it's got woodgrain or grids on it, it gets used first.

I love those new SC die cuts- they are PERFECT- bright, funkily retro and modern at the same time. The actual design for this page came together in about 2 hours- I just dumped a whole bunch of leftover bits on the page and started moving them around.
I love those photos of Lola in her Alice tutu! They printed super dark so I don't think this page will win  but I wasn't about to chuck the photos out- printer cartridges for my crappy HP cost 50 bucks!
Fun times at mini golf party.
MuChOs SmOoChEs!
M.

9 comments:

  1. you're a bit good, you are :-) congrats! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. CONGRATS! Two Peas Winner? Wow, that is huge!!!! Enjoy your prize goodies, I am sure it is lots of fun stuff! Another amazing layout girl!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats! And, wow, you have such awesome style. Thanks so much for the nice comments on my blog. =)

    *hugs*
    Nina

    ReplyDelete
  4. Okay you cut those by hand?!! I totally thought they were rub-ons! You are gonna win for sure! Congrats on the 2peas win as well!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You did it again, Girl! This is awesome. The placement of each and every element is perfect in its randomness :)

    Love it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. congrats on the 2peas win!! and i love that layout for studio calico!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations on winning the challenge! That must be so exciting! : ) Your work is so fun, colorful, and happy. It inspires me!

    ReplyDelete
  8. LOVE how you have done those birds - and gorgeous pic of your family :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. OH YAY congrats on your win at 2 peas.... your page is a smashing!!!!
    and i have to say WOW at the very first page...look at all that totally rocking stitching...something i so LOVE!!!!

    truly amazing piece of scrappy stuff here!!!

    thanks also for popping by!

    ReplyDelete

Ok peeps lets CHAT! You tell me what you REALLY think and I PROMISE to keep it open minded here.