Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Vellum confetti- A paper crush (and a True Scrap Challenge)

Hello there!
Today I am sharing my latest inspiration page for True Xoxo Girls July Challenge.
The prompt for June is Scrap Your Closet!
I know- BANANAS!
But totally fun!

Here's my page:
Scrap FX June challenge- Scrap Your closet
Materials: Sassafras Lass paper and stickers, Gauche Alchemy doily washi tape, Scrap FX "Adorable" wordlett,
A Flair For Buttons "Believe" button, Viva Decor pearl pen, American Crafts Dear Lizzy mini doiles,
Ek Success bird punch, Martha Stewart heart confetti punch, brads from Basic Grey
So what does "scrap your closet" mean to you?
Some ideas the True Scrapbooking DT came up with:

  • choose the most frequent colors in your wardrobe for your page
  • make your closet layout into a sketch (GENIUS!)
  • cheat (like I did) and scrap about your TODDLER'S closet since yours is full of grey and black duds.

Here is a fuzzy Instagram of Miss Lola's closet:
It's all about the turquoise, magenta and yellow this year.
I wish this was MY wardrobe!
Some project detail shots:
Vellum confetti! I added water droplets and bling to give it a bit of sparkle.  I layered
2 punches for each bird and bent the wings up for first layer of each so that they
cast a shadow. 
Scrap FX Adorable wordlet 2012126.
I used a Viva Decor pearl pen in Ice White to give the title that pearl finish.
I LOVE this product! I've had a couple of these pens for a while now but I haven't used them- MISTAKE!
They dry incredibly fast (beating Stickles glitter glue by miles), add perfectly formed pearls to your paper projects
(check it out here) and the color is great for covering darker colored alterables like chipboard.
Swing by the challenge and give it a try! It's FUN!
The challenge closes July 31st so you have plenty of time to shop for more clothes (ha!- we all know it's PAPER you spend your cash on!))

Parting shot!
My Mom went to Pennsylvania and all I got was this LUSCIOUS collection
of vintage buttons!!! THANKS MOOOOM!
MuChoS SmOoChEs!
Michelle


17 comments:

  1. Loving all the bits and pieces! Beautiful layout!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the colours here.
    And what eye candy...so many interesting details.
    Love that adorable pic too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey you! I was all smiles when I saw your soft, beautiful page! Lola IS adorable! and oh, you were smart to have gone to her closet for inspiration (mine is a dud for colors too :) And BTW, I love your vellum birds!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That page is totally adorable! I love all those bright colors!

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW! Once again, you manage to blow me away. I love the bits and pieces all around the page and the vellum gives such a wonderful movement to everything. LOVE!

    ReplyDelete
  6. OK, LOOOOOVE THE LAYOUT! It is AWESOME! Love everything about it and of course you know I love pink and those hearts. I have found an attraction to hearts now even more so now. Love the confetti, I will have to start using it on my layouts now. Those doilies are cute and I love how they match with the doily on the ppr and the washi tape. Love the other embellishments. Great job. Oh and Fiskar's has a "bird punch" size 3.5, saw it @ J's and its new.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The layers and details are amazing! Emma's closet is do much more fun than mine too! Gorgeous!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Look what you did!!
    I'm in love with this LO, Michele. So pretty! My favorite. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Absolutely stellar layout Michelle! I love your take on the "closet" challenge. Beautiful execution and adornments, I apically love the birds and the confetti.

    When I was in college, we had to do a self portrait of something that represents us in a revealing manner. My photo was of my closet...totally unorganized and clothes billowing out everywhere. I revealed my super messy side, let's just say the class was shocked...as I always looked well kept and organized at school. Looks can be very deceiving! I now live by the phrase, "creative people are seldom tidy.". :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Awesome! Love the colors and embellishments!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Super cute and fun layout. You captured the essence of a little girl's wardrobe. Def gonna have to remember this prompt. I always leave your blog with a smile or a deeper thought. Thank you!

    P.S. On a technical note, how do you go about attaching all the little bits of confetti and other embellishments? I tend to go for the Tombow Multi, but I find myself spending more time trying to rub off errant adhesive boogers than the time it took me to develop the layout! Thx!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. GREAT question Lisa- I actually cheat my butt off- I use photoshop to delete the marks the glue makes on the vellum!!!
      I've tried, Zip Dry glue, tiny dollops of clear Elmer's Glue and double sided tape- so far everything shows through the vellum! For this page I had to make the birds 2 layers so that they photographed well and that also took care of the problem so you could try layering the vellum on your projects. PS GREAT post today- HUGE WOW!!!!

      Delete
  12. Love the colors and how you are using that 'vintage' sassafrass! The vellum is such a coooool effect :) Thanks for sharing all your great techniques !!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Another AMAZING layout! Love the vellum confetti!!! Lovely! :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love those buttons! And that page is so sweet :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Michelle, thank you for commenting on my recent blog post! Right now I have too many kits and have had too little time. Is there any particular kit club you like? I can't give a subscription, but I'd love to buy you a kit or two...!

    ReplyDelete

Ok peeps lets CHAT! You tell me what you REALLY think and I PROMISE to keep it open minded here.