Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Scrap FX chipboard and vellum goodness

Hello scrap happy folks!
Today I want to share another vellum punches page.
This one uses Scrap FX chipboard.

I was a little worried I wouldn't be able to use this month's farm themed Scrap FX designs but then I realized- just because I'm a city girl doesn't mean I don't occasionally hang with farm animals!

Case in Point:
A visit to Jane's Carousel in Brooklyn Bridge Park! Scrap FX Rope Rings- (model number 2012090) and horse with flowers from the Horses set ( model number 2012087) and Funky Alphabet letters (model number 2010286). I've also used red grid tape from Gauche Alchemy, American Crafts Amy Tangerine sketchbook paper, Cosmo Cricket mini alphabets, Dear Lizzy clouds vellum and clear punchinella from Gauche Alchemy. The circles were punched with Fiskars Squeeze punches in XL, L and M
I also did some research- did you know Queens has a Farm Museum?
It's the oldest continuously working farm in the state! AWESOME!
We've decided to visit later this month- you'll see photos soon!

Some detail shots:
The rides on the carousel cost 2 dollars- I think the tickets are so pretty
they are worth the price all on their own! Love the rope circles design of the
Scrap FX frames- it's western themed but I think these can be used anywhere.
I wish Cosmo Cricket made more of these clear Tiny Type alphas!
They are so versatile! I've tried to get my handwriting to look this whimsical- all I get is messy writing. 
Also- there's a carousel horse design in the Scrap FX catalog and it's beautiful! (This one is model 2011135)
Sorry I missed you little guy- next time!
I have many carousel photos to scrap.
GRATUITOUS CUTE TODDLER SHOT:
Apparently when I'm not the one holding the camera my daughter poses for people.
Here she is at the Bronx Zoo. No I didn't take this shot. I NEVER get the diva pose.
OH! I have some scrap happy news!!!
I'm guest designing for Die Scrapperin- THE German art scrap magazine in August!


I'll be sharing space with art scrappers Muumka and Anna Maria Wolniak.
(Just to name a few- there are 5 other HUGE names- tune in to our Blog Hop in July!)
TOTAL SCRAP NERD NIRVANA!!!!
I'll try very hard to be worthy of such an honor- thanks Janna and Felicitas!

MuChOs SmOoChEs!
Michelle

13 comments:

  1. I love the layout, and the vellum circles are such a great touch! That is one cute pic!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really, really love what you're doing with the vellum circles- looks awesome and is perfect for your style!
    And congrats on the GDT spot- well deserved!!
    xErin

    ReplyDelete
  3. YAY! Congrats!!! You are such a SUPER star! I love your layout, of course...the vellum is so fun. And, I love the way the yellow background highlights your photos.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fab layout! Love that you used the farm animals pack for the carousal! Too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  5. so cute! I love the vellum circles and now need to dig out my circle cutter!

    ReplyDelete
  6. hey city girl...cute! and can't wait for the GD reveal...you know I'm a HUGE fan of Felicitas and J :):)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I LOVE this!! So COOL! and congrats on the GDT!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Digging the vellum circles! Congrats on the GDT spot!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love how you are using the vellum...oh and the extra toddler shot was definitely ute.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wahoooo!! Congrats on the GDT Michelle! I'm so happy for you (and a little envious too)...totally awesome-sauce :D Lovin' the vellum on the this page too and that cute little horsey chippie!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh yeah, I picked you to be featured on One Story Down today :) for neon-awesomeness!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wooohooo! Congratulations on the GDT spot dear!!! Me has hecho reir con tu interpretacion de los animales de granja, ja, ja!!! muy inteligente de tu parte!! claro el carrusel!!! Muy Linda tu pagina y si tienes razon los tickets estan chulisimos!! Me encanta la foto de Lola, se ve chulisima!!! cuidate mucho
    Un abrazo!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm looking thru all your posts and you just make me laugh so much! Your daughter is gonna be a hoot just like you! I can identify with your crazy life! and of course our kids never pose for us when we have the camera!

    ReplyDelete

Ok peeps lets CHAT! You tell me what you REALLY think and I PROMISE to keep it open minded here.