Friday, December 24, 2010

MERRY CHRISTMAS!! From the Martinez-Hernandez Family!

Here is my second to last Christmas project. My cards are still sitting on my desk but you bet they WILL be sent! AND they will say Merry Christmas 2010- by golly!!!!
Natural light on white wall
I've been feeling mighty guilty about all the garbage leaving this house from day to day. Here's one upcycle idea- I used up 8 EIGHT shopping bags for this wreath! Great way to get rid of those paper bags collected during your Christmas shopping spree...

With flash on orange wall
Huge difference no?

I got this wreath idea  from a craft blog late one night. I thought I had saved the address- nope! That wreath was done with canvas, brown bags and jute. I don't own a fancy cutting machine so bags and a 2 inch EK Success slim punch were used.



It took 3 days of punching and hot gluing the rolled up circles to the wreath base- WAY too much work but I love how it's different from traditional Christmas wreaths.  The peace dove comes from a random card. Probably needs more bling on the other side right? Maybe next year...

 I got the Poinsettias at Michael's for 17 cents each- wish I had gotten more! I used up all the ones I bought- how did I resist getting bagsfuls????  Miss Lola had me distracted- she kept grabbing them and trying to stab her eye out with the stick end.

Today I will spend the day wrapping gifts and trying to get my new star and cloud punches from 123stitch.com outta hock (the post office) wish me luck- the post men are ANGRY this time of year.

Miss Lola in leopard spots- rowr! 
Merry Christmas everybody!
Happy New Year!
M.

4 comments:

  1. What an amazing wreath! Very clever and beautifully done! Merry Christmas to you and your family!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the jaxtaposition of the organic and the manmade "glittery" elements...oh phooey..It's hella cool! Worth the time, I would say :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is beautiful :)

    Thank you for commenting on my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous wreath!! I'm in love with those poinsetta's too. I may just go out today to see if they have any on clearance!! Hope you had a great Christmas!!

    ReplyDelete

Ok peeps lets CHAT! You tell me what you REALLY think and I PROMISE to keep it open minded here.