Friday, August 10, 2012

Let the sunshine in! A Scrap FX stencils post

It was only a matter of time. 
Stencils are finally en vogue for all scrapbooking styles.

Scrap FX has some beautiful stencils and today I'll share a a clean and modern page scrapbook page I made with their "Pow Spots Stencil".
I love This photo of Lola with her two cousins- I've scrapped it at least 4 times so far. I added cream colored mist to give the "Bokeh" effect without the digital enhancement.
Materials: Scrap FX "So Happy Together" chipboard, Scrap FX "Pow Spots Stencil",  A Flair For Buttons  "Photos" pin, American Crafts "Shoreline" papers and gold glitter brads, Martha Stewart punch around the page pinked circle punch, Jenni Bowlin Blue Ribbon squeeze punch, Little Yellow Bicycle star pin, Maya Road star pin, Pop Dots, Grafix shirk film. Liquid Pearls in yellow, Kaiserkraft pearls in pink. Mister Huey in gold and cream
I love this stencil and thought I could use it to make a fun Super hero page but I realized I could also make some cool solar flare effects with it so I got to work on that instead.
Here's a close up of the shrink film pow spot- that looks like an
AWESOME "Gem" style earring to me!!!!
These could probably be made faster with a digital cutter but I like working with stencils to add gesso and paint accents to my pages so this was actually a departure from my usual technique.
I finished the wordlet (item number 2012060) with Diamond Stickles and Liquid Pearls in yellow-
the effect is subtle and really pretty.
If you swing by the blogs of my fellow Scrap FX design team members (or click on that link to go to the company blog and see work by the entire team) you'll see how they use different stencil products to their best advantage.
Clouds & Raindrops stencil. LOVE these out of the ordinary shapes!
Right now I'm loving:
Swing by their blogs and check them out.
The entire team is making amazing stenciled pages so there will be more links coming your way in my next post. ;)

Gotta have those!!!!
 I'm SO GONNA MAKE THIS MY NEXT PROJECT! 
It's Friday mi gente!
Get out the August sun and get creative!

16 comments:

  1. Gorgeous page. I love all of the fun, happy colors!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fun! I love the way you used the background "pow" shapes. So fun with these bright, summery colors! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow, michelle! this page is so awesome. i love all the colors and i love how you perfectly spread out all the bling. awesome!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. hello stranger!....this is fantastic. colors are awesome and the solar thingies are great.

    ReplyDelete
  5. what a cool layout, love your title!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabulous! I love everything about this LO. The title is fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the brightness of your LO and the title working is beautiful x

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a pretty page!
    Love your title work!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow.
    This is another amazing job.
    It seems that the sunlight is on the page,
    a nice result with this yellow fundo.Amo in the picture too.
    Beautiful LO.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Super fun layout! I love the colours and the shapes a lot!
    Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Super fun page! I love the pow spots! =)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hey Girl, this is a fabulous layout!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great page!! Love those yellow pearls on the title. And, any Jem references are welcome as well as truly truly outrageous. Truly.

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is STUNNING! You have to send this for publication. I love the circles and the funky pow spots...so dynamic! That title rocks...totally awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great layout! Love what you did with the starburst stencil, very cool! The title looks absolutely amazing. I love the the intricacy of the font and those added yellow dots. Love the shrink plastic too...gem is truly outrageous, truly truly truly outrageous...
    Now that song is stuck in my head, talk about a blast from the past!

    ReplyDelete

Ok peeps lets CHAT! You tell me what you REALLY think and I PROMISE to keep it open minded here.