Sunday, November 13, 2011

Giving Fall some LOVE!

I've had some learning time this weekend because the Grandmas are pulling baby duty- thank you both. I swung over to Cocoa Daisy and learned some new techniques for incorporating type and stitching onto my pages.
The result:
Fall In Central Park
MATERIALS: Crate Paper Peppermint paper, Making Memories foam alpha stamps and green lace, Hambly Rub Ons, American Crafts badge, Delights  and Amy Tan Fabric paper, camera paper clip and alphas. Easel by 7 Gypsies
I will be linking this up to Paper Issues Fall link Party that will post later today (11/13/11). Please swing by and link your own Fall projects when you have a moment.
Details Details...
This could easily be a page on it's own...
OFF TO THE SCRAP DESK!!! 
The cancelation stamp on the Amy Tan is from NYC! PERFECT!
Can you tell I made a spelling mistake and covered it up with stickers on that tag?
I REALLY wish I had bought some of those Amy Tan leaves but maybe it's best to use the beautiful Hambly run ons- bought those so long ago- luckily they haven't dried out. If you have a new NEED for Fall crafty stuff please swing by the Paper Issues online store (plug, plug, pluuuuug!!!)

TIP ALERT!!!! Don't bother aiming your heat gun at rub ons- you'll just end up with a "shrinky dink"- rather- a plastic raisin. Using double sided tape to get the "stick" to return is more effective- I recently had to do that to a Basic Grey "Obscure" sheet- you can see the results here. http://myanaloglife.blogspot.com/2011/10/appropriate-nightmare-on-halloween.html

I also completed this page for the Sketchy Thursdays challenge for this week:
Imagine Me and You
MATERIALS: Sassafras Lass paper and border stickers, Smooch Magenta and Sunburst spritz, Maya Road Apple Green mist and purple button, Bo Bunny acrylic swirls, Prima acrylic heart with Hambly rub on, "Imagine" Glitz alpha stickers,  "Adore" script chipboard from Stuff 2 Scrap.
Can you believe efforts to complete these 2 pages lasted about 7 hours over 3 days? Ms. Mojo is GONE- prolly jumping in leaf piles in the park.
Here's the actual sketch: (You still have time to link yours up!)
Some close ups:
I ADORE those Stuff 2 Scrap script chippies!
Too bad shipping from Australia is so expensive.
What's THIS? DOODLING??

I actually started on this page on Friday but I kept ruining it by adding and adding- the sketch is wonderfully spare and I really wanted to punk it up without JUNKING it up. I'm also glad I'm finally using my acrylic and rub on stashes- I stayed away after I found out how hard they were to shoot properly but now that I have my light bounce card and the 7 Gypsies easel I'm doing all kinds of crazy stuff!
I kept this box so I can mist projects-
Lola has decided it's her dinner table instead.
MuChoS SmOoChEs!
Michelle

21 comments:

  1. Oooh - I love your pages!! :) The stitching on the first one if lovely, and the painty goodness of the second one is sooo awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What? I thought you hated Fall! Lovely project nevertheless! As for the box, my boys always preferred to play with boxes, egg cartons, paper towel rolls and the like no matter how many toys they had. Glad to see Lola appreciates boxes too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely magical ... so much amazing detail.

    ReplyDelete
  4. well, if she's a messy eater I guess it will be easier to clean up in the box! :) These pages are amazing! I love the way you brought in the falls colors on the first one and I always love when you get all funky with paints! Awesome designs on both!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful layouts, Michelle! Wow, that fall photo in the park is AMAZING! I heard about that class...it's always fun to learn something new. But I often learn something new from you too :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are fabulous Michelle! Love the bright colors and the fun details! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. So gorgeous layouts!!
    Love your stitch for titles and handwriting scallop around those photos.
    Thanks so much for playing along with Sketchy Thursdays!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful layouts Michelle! The way you stitched the title in the fall layout looks amazing...it pops off the page perfectly. Also, I adore the color and embellishments in the 2nd layout. So full of fun and whimsy! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi my dear friend!!!!!
    These are amazing I love all!!!
    But the first one for me is fantastic all the details are marvelous!!!
    I love NY and for me FALL is the greatest season in Central Park !!!!I love ..love ..love that town!!I love the handwritingyou did!!
    I wish a wonderful week with so many good things.
    Kisses and a big...big..huge
    Cyndi

    ReplyDelete
  10. finally some fall love ;-p
    It's a very sweet page. But I particularly adore your Sketchy Thursdays response - colours and swirls (Bo Bunny acrylic - here I come!), and the diagonal line of borders on the left. sure doesn't look like your mojo is AWOL.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Just gorgeous Michelle! I love both pages but the 2nd page just sings to me! Love it a million pieces. Your style is so you! I would hate to see what a page of mine would look like if I tried to mimic you! The spritz would be everywhere!

    ReplyDelete
  12. great layouts!!! I love all the type on the first one and the colors are amazing on the second!!! =)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Such beautiful pages! Very lovely photo on the first one! Love the colors and all these cute details on the ST's page! All photos are so cute :)
    Thanks for playing along with us at Sketchy Thursdays!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Ooo! Love the stitching around the stamping in your Fall LO, and I really dig your take on the sketch! I love that kids love boxes so! We had a large one recently and my 14 year old said, "Wow! When I was little, this would have been GOLD!" I was cracking up!

    ReplyDelete
  15. These are BOTH GORGEOUS! I loveeeeeeeeeeeeee the paint splatters on the second lo and loving that title work on the first one! Thanks so much for playing along with Sketchy Thursdays! :):):):):):):):):):):)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Your layouts continue to amaze me, Michelle! I love the photo on the first, and the second is so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  17. hi michelle! thanks so much for stopping by and for your kind words. i love your work as well and gorgeous little girl!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love your Me & You page...FABULOUS!!! love the adorable pics, the splatter paint...looks fantastic! Your central park pic is So Lovely!! and the page, too! Take Care girl!!! Hugs!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Both of your pages are fantastic! Your ST page is awesome!!! I love the colors! Thanks for playing with Sketchy Thursdays!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Love this LO. From the colours to Sassafras papers to the multi-photo. Great

    ReplyDelete
  21. FYI I have scraplifted you for Paper Secrets! Thanks for the inspiration!

    http://tfraildesigns.blogspot.com/2012/01/paper-secrets-scraplift-challenge.html

    ReplyDelete

Ok peeps lets CHAT! You tell me what you REALLY think and I PROMISE to keep it open minded here.