Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Ta DAAA! A Halloween page

So I finally managed to make a Halloween page that doesn't stink. I've said this a zillion times but I don't like holiday theme projects. The items needed are so specific they can't be used for anything else and I tend to get so distracted during family events my photos never look good. But really it's my lack of skill that bothers me- so I promised I would practice, practice,  practice till I got something I liked.
Here's one:
First Halloween (redo)
MATERIALS: Martha Stewart Halloween paper, Crate Paper and Basic Grey buttons, American Crafts Thickers, Sassafras stickers, Stuff 2 Scrap mini word and frame chipboard, ghost sticker and spider/bat brads from EK Success
PS- this is an example of early morning light- it's super orange- may have to reshoot this but I like the golden glow.
Last Halloween we had about 30 minutes of really pretty light when we went to Central Park and I got lots of great images- it was freezing but Lola was so glad to be outside she cried when we left.
This year we will try to get some shots in the park again but her witch costume isn't remotely insulated so unless I get her a witch themed coat it will have to be taken inside. Fingers crossed.
Stuff 2 Scrap chipboard- they just don't make them this cool here in the US! 
The title from my last project was so cool I cut it out and reused it. LOVE those spider brads!
So glad they are getting used- finally.
Paper Issues has a great Halloween themed link party happening right now- swing by and add your project to the mix. There's also brand new Pink Paislee Christmas themed paper in the store- with seriosuly beautiful colors- check it out: Pink Paislee Snow Day Collection

New hat!! I love bunny ear hats!
MuChoS SmOoChEs!

Michelle

5 comments:

  1. This layout is freaking fantastic!!! I love the way you created the title in the circle shape. And that photo in the center has to be the cutest little munchkin ever!!!

    What's up with that stuff 2 scrap chipboard? I have never seen it before, I want it!!! Definitely on my wish list now!

    ReplyDelete
  2. COOOOOOL! Love the way you've used the web pattern to start with a central circle and weigh the page down with lots of stuff and photos. Really nicely weighted page.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love how you placed the photos, almost looks like a bulletin board, with them tucked in with "the stuff". So cute! That ducky-butt is my fave. I have a thing for pix from behind!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh this is just too cute!! We (unfortunately) don't clelebrate Halloween over here in OZ (not happy)... I love what you have done with the lo and those photos are just so gorgeous!! Thanks for your comment over at my blog too... I actually mixed yellow paint in with the modelling paste (but I believe you can paint over it too if you prefer)..... I am your newest follower too! xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Ok peeps lets CHAT! You tell me what you REALLY think and I PROMISE to keep it open minded here.