Thursday, December 2, 2010

Craft Elf! No- craft GREMLIN...

Lola is a constantly amazing me. Naturally I think she's a genius and incredibly fascinating- and funny- and adorable- the most lovable thing since sliced bread with lemon curd and cool whip on top.

Here she is casing the join for paper to DESTROY. This is her new hobby- make Mommy scream in anguish. I love her- this is proof- anyone else going into my plastic cases would get the ol' heave ho.

I created this page for the PAPER ISSUES Christmas Challenge. Go check this website out- there are so many spectacular projects there I can hardly stop reading and looking to make my own.

Craft Elf using Pencil Lines sketch 215 by Jennifer Matott
The circles have photos of my favorite ornaments.

Here are Lola's:
These are constantly coming off the tree and traveling to far off places- like the bathroom. 
I love felt ornaments. The more rudimentary they look the more I want them. This year I'm stalking West Elm and Lord & Taylor- when they have their 75% sales I am SO there!

For the second Christmas page I used Core Impressions Cosmo Cricket neautrals. The paper is Turquoise but of course the scanner turned it green. I had a devil of a time trying to turn it back and didn't succeed. I really need to take some advanced photoshop courses...


Anyways I also used some felt, some wire ribbon for the borders and strips, a Jillibean soup kraft tag and packaging for the journaling and my new favorite embellishment string. The gold border is German and I got it from Vintage Images In Time- an Etsy shop.

I love stitching! It allows me to talk, listen and think but not watch tv- it's the ultimate zen craft.
Talking to Santa Giraffe 




















MuChOs SmOoChEs!!
M.

3 comments:

  1. I love your decorations. Thank you for commenting on my blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on your new blog,looks great!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fun layout!!!
    I love the circles! The stitching is fantastic!!!
    =)

    ReplyDelete

Ok peeps lets CHAT! You tell me what you REALLY think and I PROMISE to keep it open minded here.