Wednesday, June 5, 2013

In a New York State of Mind

I'm on a mad dash to do all the things I meant to do but never got around to.
All the things I would have done if I had seized days in New York City more often.

The Empire State Building steps that never got climbed,
the friends I rarely visited,
the walks I never took or the restaurants I never tried.
MATERIALS: A Flair For Buttons Brooklyn Bridge photo pin,
Crane's grey cardstock, alphabets from Jillibean Soup, October Afternoon and American Crafts.
Basic Grey wood veneer shapes, Webster's Pages yellow tape, Amy Tangerine yellow embroidery floss,
stripes washi from Red Lead online, Maya Road heart straight pin, My Mind's eye enamel dots, Studio Calico
felt bow, Colorbok craft stickers. Star stickers and vellum tag from American Crafts.
Now I desperately want to do it all and every day has more meaning.
Didn't I learn this lesson in school?
And again at all my previous places of employment?
The last day usually led to the most interesting and meaningful conversations.
It's not death, mayhem or disease- not remotely.
But it's a defeat realizing I didn't do what I wanted to do for a fear of failure.
Even worst?
Knowing I didn't start the custom items business or learn to sew like I always said I would because I got so busy doing other things.
Easier things.
Smaller things.
Details.
Routine.

I forgot to pursue the big things- the things that require planning- the things that lead to the higher rewards.
I put off taking risks, traveling, taking classes I knew I would love.
I told myself I had more time.
Materials: (Project Life Insert) Scrap FX love chipboard title
K and Co journaling pad paper, Crate paper vellum.
Enamel dots My Mind's Eye, Studio Calico wood heart.
I'm taking the time now.
I may be sad but that is a lesson too.
Take the risks- hop, jump, skip into the void.
Make room for plans and make the concerted effort to strive towards them.
Happen to things- don't let things happen.

I can be happy anywhere if I just remember those three simple things.


Have a great rest of the week.
Michelle






2 comments:

  1. Beautiful LO....!!! Ready for a new life in a new city....!
    Hugs from Spain

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow. That New York City page is amazing. Love the bits and pieces.:)

    I read somewhere that failure lets you move on. You tried it but it didn't work out. Do something else. It's mediocrity that mocks you. So you may not do everything on your To Do List. But make sure you hit hard and really enjoy those you did do.

    ReplyDelete

Ok peeps lets CHAT! You tell me what you REALLY think and I PROMISE to keep it open minded here.