Saturday, December 10, 2011

Root Canal!!! A Punky Scraps Christmas page

To explain this admittedly SCARY page:
Shattered- an unChristmas page
MATERIALS: Lily Bee Memorandum paper and alpha stickers, American Crafts sunrise Thickers, Studio Calico wood asterisks, green striped washi tape from Giftwrap So Pretty on Etsy, Crafter's Worskshop template, Maya Road mists Green apple and Lime Metallic, MIster Huey in Schoolhouse

Growing up, my Dad was constantly admonishing me to BRUSH YOUR TEETH!!! YOU DON'T WANT A ROOT CANAL!!
According to Dad, root canals are the most awful thing ever. I took him at his word and brushed, flossed and rinsed away regularly.
My dentists always said "You've got BEAUTIFUL teeth!" ...
But I ended up needing a root canal anyway.
Not 1 but TWO- the second one a complete surprise.
A deep cavity was discovered under a filling that had come loose- no evidence showed in the xray- the dentist found it after digging away and finding a "soft spot" that just kept growing.
Excruciating!

So I'm preoccupied with my mouth right now. And with a second torture session scheduled for late December it's enough to completely distract me from the joy of the holiday.
But I won't let it!!!
December Daily photo not yet entered into my book:
Day 8- 65 degrees!!!! Brooklyn Bridge Park is awesome.
I love my custom made "scarf"!
Day 9: Wrapping the door and hanging the wreath.
Watch for my punchinella wreath project over at Gauche Alchemy on the 12th!
I loved this month's Punky Scraps sketch.

I think perhaps you'll want to mosey on over and check out the more bright and cheerful pages on the blog. PUNKY SCRAPS
The page should also use one of the following:

* corrugated cardboard*
*stamping*
*paint*
*misting*
*stars* 
*ribbon*

Get creative people! And keep those December Daily albums going!!!
Day 7- I know she looks uber bored but she really loved visiting the
empty lot turned Christmas Tree wonderland.
MuChOs SmOoChEs!
Michelle

10 comments:

  1. day 7's photo is so magical - i love it. your LO is scary but I think it sounds like you needed to do it for therapy :-) love the way you've interpreted the squares in the sketch as the xrays in the photos.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I'm sorry! It doesn't seem fair that you diligently care for your teeth and still need a root canal! I have a bad feeling that I'm going to get bad news at my next cleaning in January, but I'm trying not to think about it. They tell us dental care is essential for good health, yet even when one has dental insurance, it doesn't cover much. My husband has put off work he needs, and instead we need to help our son (who actually has insurance, as if it pays for much! He's talking about having teeth pulled instead of fixed to save money. No! No! No!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I posted on the Hero Arts blog this evening, and guess whose post was 5 or six above mine!? I went to a preview at my LSS today and picked up the chevron. Hope you win it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is incredible! Sorry that you had to go through it but it has inspired one awesome pagE!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ouch! I hurt just thinking about it. However, great layout just the same! Love all the December pics! Thanks for sharing! -Amanda

    ReplyDelete
  6. I LOVE the journaling on that page!

    ReplyDelete
  7. The journaling on this layout is amazing, and I love how you've used a negative shape to emphasize your mouth!

    ReplyDelete
  8. YOU did AWESOME! I love all the jounaling, it goes with the whole chaos you have been through! Way to go Michelle!

    ReplyDelete
  9. You know you're a scrapbooker when.....you design a page about your root canal! lol! Love it, Michelle! Awesome and cool layout :) But OUCH...sorry to hear about your r.c. yuck!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

Ok peeps lets CHAT! You tell me what you REALLY think and I PROMISE to keep it open minded here.