Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Stay positive!

Major changes coming for the Martinez finances and I just have to adjust and strap on my Super Momma boots. You know what I mean 'cause you have the same pair in your closet. Dave and I are trying not to panic because as my sister pointed out- we always seem to land on our feet.
So this week it's all about staying positive and being kind and extending a hand to those who need help-you never know when you'll join their ranks.
Cuca's Happy Mail Post Card
Materials: DCWV Fun In The Sun Adhesive Mat stack, Me and My Big Ideas
Debee Inspire chipboard album kit (butterfly), Crate Paper Emma's Shoppe alphas and
Martha Stewart multi butterfly punch.
Butterfly stitching idea credit to SASHA FARINA. Check out her original here
On that note.... Lola is just doing so many cute things lately! Yesterday I was telling Dave that Miss Thing's diaper looked like it was going to hit the floor with a SPLAT! Lola then lifts up her dress, takes a look at the diaper and walks over with this look on her face like- please DO something about it!
Sweet Survivor- Lola's First Week
Materials
: Elle's Studio Handmade Layers Note Tags and penants (blank), GCD Studio No Worries collection burlap print paper, Sassafras Lass flower stickers, Martha Stewart scallop punch, Bazzill Kraft paper, UniBall white gel pen
That's my GIRL! I love that little chick!

Lola's having a hard time lately because she has so many things she wants to say but doesn't have the words- so she does a lot of pointing and babbling and she's VERY insistent. She stops complete strangers on the street to show them the squirrel she just spotted.  She gets very agitated if you don't stop and say something like YES I SEE the squirrel/dog/ flower/plastic bag flying through the air! I SEE it! There it IS! COOL!
It's getting where I sound like a Sesame Street character- I get looks but only from the clueless- Moms and Dads know where I'm coming from.

Lola's lesson- feel the wonder inspired by the little things- it's the little things that spin the world.
Seriously this is my favorite spot in NYC- I keep shooting it and it never gets old.
MuChoS SmOoChEs!
Michelle

5 comments:

  1. Hope things work out, and quickly. Could have an interesting impact on scrapping - go for the reuse, recup' angle x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Been there, don't stress it will all turn around for the better before you know it. Love the soft colors on your sweet survivor page. Look at the little hand! What a sweetie!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That Survivor page is frickin fantastic! The photo says it all without being overwhelming. Love Love Love how you used the Elle's Studio thingies. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Don't know what changes you are facing; but you will weather them together and it will all work out -- often for the better. Most of us have been through some lean times.

    Love your Lola stories -- keep 'em coming!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, Michelle, that Survivor LO takes my breath away. I love all the scrappy and stitched flags for the title, and I LOVE the photo and the journaling. The stitching around the butterfly on that card is sooooo cool!

    You have such a great positive outlook and attitude. Hope things turn around for you guys quickly.

    I was thinking about you this morning when I read about the Renegade Craft Fair that will be at McCarren Park in Brooklyn this weekend. Looks like it is free to attend, and may have a lot of cool eye candy to add to your creative juices!

    ReplyDelete

Ok peeps lets CHAT! You tell me what you REALLY think and I PROMISE to keep it open minded here.