|Untitled Coney Island Page 2/14/2011|
MATERIALS: Core'Dinations paper- mustard, London Tierney buttons- Etsy, punchinella, seahorse and twine from Gauche Alchemy on artfire.com, Claudine Hellmuth Studio Classic Teal acrylic paint, My Mind's Eye scallop ribbon
|Detail 1- pop dot fish. Can't figure out why |
photos are so out of focus- LOOK MA- no facial details!
|Glued twine- hard to do but FUN|
What do YOU do when you want to scrap but you hate everything before you?
|The kitchen table- cleanest it's been in MONTHS!|
- Complain to husband who volunteered I should probably clean the kitchen (AKA scrap) table
- Eat sushi- take out revenge for being told to clean
- Write to scrap bestie and complain (but she's going through the SAME THING!)
- Surf the scrap blogs for ideas
- First FREAK OUT- general freakyness
- Buy more paper and Hambly Studio trannies
- Sit down and MAKE MYSELF put a page together (result: lots of cut up paper)
- Visit favorite artist blogs and wallow in envy and self pity
- Second FREAK OUT! Why can't I whip something together like all these other fabulous women?
- Eat ice cream
- Organize supplies:
|Everything in it's own place- now where did I leave my BRAIN????|
- Third FREAK OUT- organizing actually made the situation worst. Now I have to remember where I put everything!
- Visit my gallery and reminisce about when I used to have ideas.
- Go to local art journal exhibit and check out some FUNKY journal projects
- Watch TV
- Sit down and force myself to add whatever onto a page- actual page results.
Total time spent: 72 hours
Notice I never said take care of Miss Thing- that happens the entire time naturally.
|I CAN HELP! I CAN HELP!|