Monday, December 20, 2010

New obsession- 2 sided stitched pages!!!

Ever noticed how when you do something by mistake it's like the best thing ever? That just happened to me about a week ago. I was busily sewing away and listening to "This American Life" when I turned my page over and was like- duuuude- I like this MORE!!!!!"
Goals 2011. Double sided layout. (front) stitching here is usually hidden in the back of a page.


Then I though- double sided pages! with stitching! BINGO BANGO that's new!!! Right? Weeeell, maybe not- there's got to be other people who though of it first and did it better. 
ANYways here's side 2:
Goal 1- Family Time (back of project)
WADDAYA think? I incorporated some current obsessions of mine- postage stamps, grid pattern papers, paper tape and circles.

Materials- variagated floss, Tim Holtz paper tape, Pink Paisley paper tape, 7 Gypsies paper tape, Martha Stewart Christmas tape, Red polka dot Thickers (so awesooooome!!!), K & Co Handmade packaging (not going to let up till it' gone), smiley face from We R Memory Keepers "Funfetti" collection. Clock rub on from Michael's dollar section, Deja Views "Kiss Grid" paper from Sweet Romance collection.



Here are some close ups but really these photos are COOLER than the actual layout which means I'll have to do like maybe 50 more of these....


   LoTsA BeSos!!!
   M.

12 comments:

  1. Wow I love the white page with all the touches of color! Using both sides of the paper is a great way to get some extra use out of all that hand stitching!
    PS. You won the Elle mag giveaway on my blog so please send your address!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That paper tape is so cool, I am gonna have to get me some of it! By the way, you are right. The back is super cool looking. However, the front is amazing in it's own right. This would be need for you to do an album where you can see both sides, sort of like the mini acrylic albums that are all the rage right now! TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  3. OK, this is seriously COOL!!!! Lurve it :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. i love it! i love all your little bits and pieces :-) x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sooo creative! I love all aspects of it! Putting your resolutions into 3D with colorful pictures, threads, and cool paper make them so much more a reality - great concept!!

    When are we doing the "Beginner's Workshop"?!!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. That IS really cool! I guess the back of mine don't look as abstract and awsome. Yours do. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have done both sides of a paper in mini books but, never thought to do it with hand stitching.Cool idea TFS!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. love this 2 sided stitched lo!!! I had not thought to do that...but it's super great!! your lo designs are fab as well. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great layouts!

    Melissa
    http://www.burstsofcreativity.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very innovative! If I didn't hate (the act, not the look of) hand sewing on paper so very much this would definitely be something I'd try...

    ReplyDelete
  11. Very creative! I wouldn't have thought of that idea!

    ReplyDelete

Ok peeps lets CHAT! You tell me what you REALLY think and I PROMISE to keep it open minded here.