Monday, December 13, 2010

2 for Tuesday!

Now that I'm finally done with the holiday theme I feel free as a bird. Looking at the 4 pieces together I see improvement with each piece. In my desperation I was pulling major paper maromas- (stunts).
Now I just have to think about Christmas cards. Home made or store bought? It's late but I could send out "3 King's Day" cards to insert some Latin Flava on this mo fo. Ahem... Told ya I was feeling FREE.
Anyway I titled this post 2 for tuesday because I managed to put together 2 pages! 
I know, right??!!!
I'm also keeping a third page under wraps for a SPECIAL ANNOUNCEMENT on wednesday the 15th so please tune in then.

Here's today's First page:
Street Art, Meatpacking District- NYC. 10/10/10
This is for this week's challenge over at the studio Calico blog. SC is my new FAVE brand. I just love their hipster vibe- it's so Willieburg, BK! I saw this "distressed" poster on a wall on our way to Highline Park and I took a million shots. It just screams Feminine Mystique. Someone call Betty Friedan! We have her re-release cover! The SC challenge called for 1 or 2 elements not including card stock. Did I cheat by using 2 photos? Didn't want to mess things up with some pseudo feminist tripe (my writing)- let the art speak for itself I say!

Second page:

Brooklyn Bagel under the Brooklyn Bridge- We got MAD BROOKLYN, YO!

Materials used: Basic Grey- Basics Tally paper, Smooch spritz- red, Tattered Angels Mist- Suede, Sassafrass Lass alphas, Large Hessian print buttons from The Chip Chop Shop, bagel die cut from PapaDesign, Maya Road clear doily, and a cut up Shop Williamsburg post card. 

Making this page was SO MUCH FUN!!!! Taking Lola for her first trip to DUMBO was just as awesome- we can't wait for summer!! There's an amazing new playground there AND a bike path that takes you past lower Manhattan, past The Statue of Liberty and into Red Hook where you can shop Ikea and eat authentic Pupusas at Red Hook Park. I can't say this enough- I MISS SUMMER!!!!
Mash up! 80's  Olivia Newton John
and Christmas Elf.

MuChOs SmOoChEs!!
M.

3 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for commenting on my blog! I love how you've connected the poster to Betty friednan! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the layout with the DONUT, that is soooo cute! Now, how am I going to remember to come back here to read about your exciting news?? I hope you will post on the PAPER ISSUES FB page!!

    ReplyDelete

Ok peeps lets CHAT! You tell me what you REALLY think and I PROMISE to keep it open minded here.