Tuesday, February 4, 2020

Buffalo Plaid Love with Echo Park

Hallo party people,

I'm just now coming down from the glow I got watching Jennifer Lopez and Shakira shake their middle aged thangs at the Super Bowl Half-Time Show.

Shock and absolute awe was my response... then I burst out crying outta sheer unadulterated pride.

Being Puerto Rican has been an exhausting roller coaster of emotion the last 2 years.

I have SO MANY THOUGHTS but I'm giving myself some time to decide if I need to write about it.

Let's go to our scrappy safe space shall we?
Crafting is my escape when the weather is too bananas to actually escape:

Echo Park's "Little Lumber Jack" is a collection intended for boys but my recent obsession with the pattern has spread to our wardrobe and holiday decor. It's very easy to match photos.

I saw the Echo Park Little Lumberjack Collection and fell instantly in love with the Black/White/Red Buffalo Plaid theme.
I've been redecorating for the holidays in plaid the last two years:

Christmas in my wanna-be FARM HOUSE- a post about that at some point- LOL.

Thanksgiving dinner. I couldn't find 84 inch long Plaid curtains- they are sold out everywhere!
 That Black & White check is everywhere so why not my pages?

Played around with painting the background but I'm still terrible at it.
I also can't stand the warping water causes on regular paper so it's a stencil and some pen work to the rescue.
The collection has a lot of small detail pieces and lots of graphic pop- I really love it.
Here I added a Smash Phrases flair from A Flair For Buttons on Etsy.
Still up to the same ol same ol- string all balled up because I can't be bothered to bring down my sewing machine and
sew on the page.
Pop dots to punch a banner out and this wonderful chipboard for this collection which I highly recommend for Girls. LUMBER JILLS UNITE!

Us annoying the easily vexed with matching jammies this Christmas in TEXAS of all places.
I spent half the time talking to family I hadn't seen in over 20 years or drinking with my sister who can
drink anyone under the table. Don't try her.
I'm still looking for Black/White check 84 long lined curtains. If you have suggestions where to find some, they are sold out everywhere, I'm all ears.

Hugs mi gente.
Stay strong. Stay positive.
Michelle

No comments:

Post a Comment

Ok peeps lets CHAT! You tell me what you REALLY think and I PROMISE to keep it open minded here.