Over the weekend I had several amazing conversations with people I deeply admire.
I spent so much time talking I didn't really have time to scrap.
Now it looks like I'm about to embark in one of the most exciting periods of my life.
Some friends and I have formed a group called
"The Mariposa Creative Collective"
Basically a monthly meeting where we hold each other accountable for our creative goals- whatever they may be.
- If you are a New York City scrapper or creative type send me a PM via Facebook and will add you to the group. I plan to post thought provoking articles and our meeting notes there for everyone to discuss in between face to face meetings.
- If you have a small business you are trying to get off the ground send me a PM and we can consider you as a guest speaker. Any entrepreneurial activity is fine. Creativity is boundless.
We hear a speaker and have a hen session about what's current and creative ways people have found to make money- it's a GREAT way to get inspired and get CRACK-A-LACKING!
It's exiting because, for once, I feel like I have feedback on this crazy journey I'm on.
It will help me focus and perhaps stop all the internalized negativity creating alone can encourage.
I did manage to finish my first 2 Project Life spreads for 2013 this week.
I have sneaks because the pages will be going up over at the Scrap FX blog tomorrow and I want them to get full "splash" effect.
|Need a quick finish option for naked chipboard?|
WASHI TAPE, BABY! Just trim the edges after you stick it onto the design.
I'd love for you to swing by and check out what they bring to the table.
|Scrap FX newsprint frame finished with Prima chalk ink in "Attic Dust" grey.|
Prima chalk inks quickly cover chipboard- primer isn't needed.
- The most important thing a creative person needs, other than supplies, is SUPPORT.
I can't say this enough! Put the love out there first. Really. Love and compassion first.
- Judgement and anger have their place but you only get what you put out.
- Punching the corners out of your PL inserts is a drama all on it's own.
- From a fellow "Lifer" came the thunder striking idea to just take my journaling cards with me wherever I go. Write down what I feel when I feel it. The photos can stand on their own.
|It's totally out of focus but I love my genuine smile.. and my hair.|
I love that you swung by!