Thursday, July 7, 2011

Xoxo July challenge- clouds, stitching and kraft

As you know if you read this blog often I am a member of the True Xoxo Design team. Every month the design team BRINGS IT in order to inspire you and get you out of your funk (if you're funky) or away from your usual style (if you're in a rut) but always to have FUN with our fave hobby.
Rise- True Xoxo Girls DT page for July 2011
Materials: Bazzill Kraft, American Crafts cloud paper (as template) alphas and  grid stamp(on scallop border) K and Co frames, Sassafras star stickers, alphas and paper foldies, Maya Road star pins, GCD Studio paper clip, Uni ball white gel pen, bicycle brads from Eyelet Outlet, heart brad from My Mind's Eye
This month the completely UNmandatory list of things we wanted to include in our layouts was:

  • at least 2-3 small photos
  • Kraft or white background
  • blue, orange and/or yellow  (any shade, patterned or plain)
  • paper strips
  • grid
  • stars
  • handwriting
  • numbers
  • bicycles
  • food
  • brads
  • frames

Usually I try to include every single list item in my LO but that has led to crowding issues, as you may have seen in my "teaser" post. I also have to watch out because we have some great regulars visiting Xoxo now and they can light it UP. Was I complaining about not getting any critical (read: incisive and knowledgeable) feedback? Got some! Now I need to put what I learned into practice- thanks guys- you ROCK!!!!
Clouds are soooo cool!!! 
For this page I knew I wanted to scrap some great photos of Lola running around in front of a tiny Empire State Building with a balloon. I actually have some 4th of July images from 2010 that are perfect for this challenge as she's eating blueberries but they are lost in the great maze that is my Mac without iPhoto. When I have more time I will have to search for them manually- and find them amongst 20 THOUSAND other image files but I digress...
GCD Studio Soul Food paper clip
I also knew I wanted a kraft background as I love it but rarely use it. But where would I include paper strips or bicycles? The answer was obvious- ignore them. Not on purpose but after running around for a week trying to come up with a design, my brain apparently blanked them out. PHOOEY! So I promise to do every single item next month!


So join us over at True Xoxo- you'll love it! Also there's a great RAK for someone to win- why not you!
The Lolster is very much a Daddy's girl so when I get a VOLUNTARY hug everything pauses.


MuChOs SmOoChEs!
Michelle

10 comments:

  1. ooh yeah I love it! clouds, stars and transparencies are so my bag at the moment. sometimes I find it is easier to leave things out... other times I totally intend to include something and then forget about it, and then only remember after I post the layout :-)
    totally cute pic of you two btw x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this! Awesome design and usual and those clouds rock!

    ReplyDelete
  3. your layering rocks on this layout. love, love, love.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That photo of you and your daughter is the sweetest!!! I have boys, and while they are all truly mama's boys (even tho the oldest 4 are teens and tweens) the youngest is by far the biggest baby.....I get ALL of teh hugs and kisses and when he wantw to interact with his dad it's usually a whack on the head or he wants to wrestle....lol.

    This page is INCREDIBLE!!! I dunno if I can even begin to attempt to lift such awesomeness!! You rocked it girl!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the stitched clouds. Oh, and the hug? It made ME smile!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Que bueno que nos encontramos me ecanta tu pagina esta hermosa y que rico esos abrazos espontaneos!
    Un abrazo desde Fajardo, Puerto Rico!

    ReplyDelete
  7. oh my gosh, this LO is so stinkin' cool! just love it! so excited to be on the PI Creative Team with you! big hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  8. SUPER COOL Page!!! Love the clouds with the stitching and the layering..Beautiful work!!!
    La foto con tu nena...Priceless!!! me encanta!!
    un abrazo!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  9. Uh huh!! Thought you said you lost your mojo missy?? It's AWESOME!!! :) :)
    Love that pic of you and your daughter too! xox

    ReplyDelete

Ok peeps lets CHAT! You tell me what you REALLY think and I PROMISE to keep it open minded here.