Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Michelle gets PUNKY!!!

Woo HOOOO! I want to announce that I've been chosen as a 2011 Design Team Member for Punky Scraps!!! YEAH BABY! I love this challenge blog! It encourages you to be precious OR bitchy- which is what most people are- variable, changeable and sometimes inexplicable but always TRUE.
What's THIS???
I wish I had a Punky project to share but I've been concentrating on a much delayed wedding invite project for my sister, Leticia, whos' getting married July 30th in Minori, Italy.  AAAHH I just LOVE SAYING THAT!!
I promised Letty I would have everything together before she got here for her annual April visit. Letty works in London as a sports and health educator for a private school (her title is very British and I constantly forget it so I call her "Coach") I love my sister- she's awesome- she's also a true free woman- do NOT tell that chick what to do OR ELSE.

Original design concept. I look at this now and go- meh!
I like Letty's crazy butterfly parade more.

I dilly dallied on the invites. It's my first big card project. It's a WEDDING. The groom comes from a TRADITIONAL Italian family. One word-BASILICA. 

I got... skeered.
I waffled like a mid-term presidential candidate on the paper order. 
I delayed putting together the final design. 
I ordered and re-ordered ribbon samples. 
I FREAKED over the printing of the actual invite. 
I set my self up for many a neurotic break down and spasm away I did. 
Way to over-think it right?

Here are my two faves of the design fest:
On the left is my original color scheme.
On the right is Letty's color improvisation.
We made 88 of these babies! WHOOP WHOOP!
I ran my poor open-minded sister ragged over the placement of butterflies and length of ribbon. I yelled over what I called "Glue Glops".  
I actually said to my sister- THE BRIDE- as SHE HELPED ME instead of enjoying her week off in NYC: "NO Pink! You must follow PROCEDURE!!!! If you're gonna help YOU GOTTA DO WHAT I SAY!"
Oh yes I did! Told you I went completely mental!
I like the final outcome- no card is the same.
More photos, vendor details and a complete list of evil things I said will be coming next week. Right now I'm celebrating my PUNKY SCRAPS acceptance!! I will also be their  one of the DT Coordinators. Promise I will not tell you guys to FOLLOW PROCEDURE. :)
YAY!!!!! So gonna rock out on these pages!!!!

MuChOs SmOoChEs!
Michelle

8 comments:

  1. Congratulations girl!!!! Can't wait to see what you design next. Ummm... how many invitations did you have to make?

    ReplyDelete
  2. DUH! Sorry! It was 85- we actually made 88 because we lost three in the maddened last few hours and had to scramble for more ribbon- Micheal's LOVES me. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Woot!! Congrats on the Punky Scraps DT!!!! =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. congrats on Punky Scraps...I do not know this site but will check it out...and ps-don't stress about the invites...

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOVE these invites - especially as they are all different...and big congrats on the DT! Your LO's have been looking aaamazing these last weeks!!
    Lowri :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. cool invites and YAAAAY!!! Great to have you xox

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think they turned out FABULOUS! Great job Michelle:) and PUNKY SCRAPS! Whoo WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! That is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  8. CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!! Whoo-hoo!

    ReplyDelete

Ok peeps lets CHAT! You tell me what you REALLY think and I PROMISE to keep it open minded here.